WIP rough timeline.
- Illithids colonize the plane and rule over it
- Illithids retreat from the plane, dragons conquer the known world
- Dragon empire collapses, Elven empire rises
- Elven empire retreats into forests and mountains, Old Dwarves rule the world
ca 2000 BCE
- Old Dwarven empire decays, dwarves leave the surface world
- Old Magic dwindles and fades from the world
- Human tribes and fledgling societies begin developing
ca 800-400 BCE
- Human civilisation matures, modern ethnic/cultural groups mostly established
- The Age of Titans, a time of magic, myth, and great heroes
- Meridiana becomes unified with Imperia as its capital
- Achaos is conquered by Imperia
- Derigius becomes a vassal state of Imperia
- The Empress is born
- Noted increase in sorcerers and other magic-users, magic waxes
- Vespera is conquered by Imperia, beginning the Imperian Conquest, and the Empire begins to form
- Most orc, goblin, gnoll, and other hostile tribes driven from Meridiana. Small numbers take refuge in the north and the west, while most flee eastward or sail southward.
- Coronation of the Empress of Imperia
- Aquilonia is conquered by the Imperian Empire
- Most of Aurora is conquered by the Imperian Empire
- The Empire is considered unified and most of its modern borders established
- Deification of the Empress
- Formal establishment of the Imperian Church
- Eastern Marches established to guard the eastern mountain passes
- Southmarch, one of the only ways to travel further south by land, established to protect from monstrous incursions
- Versmark incorporated into the Empire via treaty
- Lakemarch formally established
- Last public appearance of the Empress, magic wanes
- The Tide of the East, an eleven-year incursion of eastern barbarians that ravaged much of Aurora
- Southmarch further fortified against increasingly aggressive orc tribes
- Versmark breaks away from the Empire, beginning the 1st Versmarchian War.
- Versmark cuts a swath through the Eastern Marches and conquers much of Dallanland
- Fjarden forcibly allied to Versmark
- Falland conquered by Versmark
- Tarian Accord signed, enacting a 10-year truce and formally dividing Dallanland in two.
- Truce expires, 2nd Versmarchian War (Imperian Reconquest) begins
- Falland and Dallanland reconquered by the Empire
- Fjarden withdraws from conflict and declares neutrality
- Eastern Marches reconquered by the Empire
- Versmark surrenders, Versmarchian Wars end
- Fjarden re-absorbed into the Empire
- Massive orc invasion overwhelms the defenders of Southmarch, and the province is temporarily lost to orc pillaging
- Legio VIII ‘Firma’ is founded to retake Southmarch and establishes the territory as its home
ca. 190-500 CE
- ‘Pax Imperia,’ a time of relative peace and stability
ca. 500-540 CE
- Imperian Reformation
- Period of sweeping reforms to government and Church amidst rising discontent and social unrest, official establishment and formalisation of feudal system in many provinces
- The Council Wars
- Internecine conflict throughout the Empire as governance and council seats are disputed by claimants
- Scholars report a waxing of magical forces, including incidents of planar confluence, increased monstrous activity, and the awakening of things long dormant and forgotten.
- Negative Energy confluence event centered in the Northern Provinces; crops wither and the dead rise from the grave. Heroes from another plane intervene and seal the breach between worlds.
- The Knights Errant sponsor an expedition to the mysterious island of Hibernia. A malicious fey creature from aeons past is released upon the land, and later destroyed by the explorers.
- Rumors of discontent and unrest circulate in Versmark. A band of adventurers set forth eastward to chart the distant, inhospitable East.
- 3rd Versmarchian War
- Rise of Prince Konrad the Dragon
- Current date
- The tides and eddies of magic reach their zenith, plunging the known world into chaos