Although the humans of the world can and do speak a wide variety of languages, the long-reigning dominance of the Empire has established Imperian Common as the language of choice throughout most of the civilized world. Local dialects and regional variations and influences do exist, though in most cases they are mutually intelligible with one another. Generally, only outlying tribes of humans beyond the reach of the Empire speak languages other than Imperian Common.
- Dallan Common – spoken in many parts of Dallanland, Falland, Versmark, and the Eastern Marches
- Aquilonian Common – spoken in Fjarden, the Skaldsisles, and parts of the Northern Provinces and Normidland
- Kyrric Common – spoken in the Northern Provinces, and a simplified trade dialect is used in Ætheland
- Gaertanic Common – spoken in Gaertany, Cilania, Sica, Westreach, Mahria, and the Northern Provinces
- Lancian Common – spoken in Dolua and Lancia
- Holman Common – spoken in Holmany, Normidland, and the Northern and Western Heartlands
- Achaean Common – spoken in Achaos, Spiresreach, Spekios, Pholikatos, Derigius, and parts of Redua
Other human languages
- Norrœnt Mál, known as Old Aquilonian to Imperian scholars, is sometimes spoken in remote areas of the Skaldsisles, as well as the barbaric tribes of Northmen on the far side of the Norsea.
- Gaoídhelaoc (Hibernian) is spoken by the tribes of Hibernia. It is also related to the local dialect of Elven and vice versa.
- Old Achaean is occasionally retained by scholars for its rich history, including many ancient texts written in it and its influence upon Imperian Common.
- Æthelisc is spoken by the people of Ætheland, and although it shares many words with Kyrric Common it is unintelligible enough to be considered a separate language.